Come and join some of Speen’s naturelovers for fun and practical workshops including:
- Make bee bombs and learn which wildflowers are loved by which insects. Take your bee bombs to throw in a suitable area at home or leave with us so we can ‘bomb’ areas offered by local villagers for ‘re-wilding’. You will be doing valuable work to support our precious insect population.
- Come and investigate a collection of fascinating wildlife objects with local wildlife expert Peter Symonds. Bring along anything you have found to see if Peter is able to identify it. (Live specimens to be brought in aerated containers and returned to their source afterwards please!)
- Build and decorate your own bird or bat box. Small charge to take yours away or make and leave with us at no charge. These will be installed around our village or Ridgley’s field. You will be doing great work to support our local song birds and bats.
- Plastics challenge with Louise
- Get up close and personal with a range of creepy crawlies to make observational drawings with Naomi or why not dream up your own amazing aphid, arthropod or Argus butterfly to join a gallery of colourful beasties.
- Exhibits display – come and see lots of interesting wildlife exhibits. There will be owls, woodpeckers, skulls, feathers, bones, owl pellets and lots of other items on display. All will be explained to you.
This is a free event but please register your interest using the link below.